Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Friday 25 February 2011

Bake of the Day - Honey Flapjacks

Look what I made!!
I love baking, but sadly I don't get much time to bake with being a full time primary teacher! So I'm relishing half term and decided to bake some flapjacks for my lunch box next week!


These are simple honey flapjacks, with clear honey and light brown sugar.


Here is the recipe!


100g Margarine
80g  Brown Sugar
250g Rolled Oats
3table spoons of Honey


Preheat oven to 200oC  or Gas mark 5


1. Melt the  Margarine in a deep saucepan over a very low heat
until smooth, don't let it bubble!
2. Next,add the brown sugar and 3 tablespoons of honey and mix well until you have a liquid consistency.
3. Mix in the oats, until coated. This is the point that you can get creative and add anything else you want, e.g mashed banana, dried fruit, chocolate!
6. Get a knife and spread the oats evenly over a baking tray.
7. Place the baking tray onto the middle shelf in a preheated oven and bake for 10 - 15 minutes, checking the progress regularly as it turns very quickly. Take out when the mixture starts turning a darker colour.
8. Stand for a minute or two, cut the flapjack into as many pieces as you wish



I cut mine into 16 pieces!


These are really quick and easy, an at only 126calories per slice, not terrible but to make them lower you can swap the sugar for sweetener!


I would love to hear about what things you've been baking, or if you have any recipes you think I should try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx