Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Monday 31 October 2011

NOTD - Topshop Smashing Pumpkins

Evening all, hope your well. It was the first day back at school today, only 6 weeks and 4 days to go until the next holiday!


Today's nails come from the Topshop nail polish range. This is my first purchase of polish from Topshop and I really have mixed feelings.





Smashing Pumpkin is a really good blood orange colour which contains no shimmer at all. A simple Crayola orange. I thought it would be apt for today and you will see why at the end!


I think you get a good sized bottle of polish for the £5.00 price tag, the packaging is really cute and the brush is a nice stiff brush which let spread the polish evenly over the nail.


The formula was a nice even formula, no bubbles and it was easily worked across the nail with no need for clean up. It was quite thin really and needed 3 coats to get rid of the VNL that you can get!


The pictures above have been taken after 2 days wear, and really its wasn't fairing too bad considering what I have been up to this weekend. However my problem is today on day three and there is a lot of visible tip wear which annoys me as I don't want to be retouching.


I'm not sure yet what I think of Topshop's collection of polish, I think I need to get some more to really test it out (any excuse to buy more!)


And now for why it is an apt polish. I loved the name as I wanted an orange suitable for halloween, but also a strong base for my first attempt at holloween nail art!






2 comments:

  1. I love this colour! :) Have to try some of the topshop polishes out! :)

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx