Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Saturday 10 March 2012

The No Name Book Club- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Morning lovelies, finally sitting down to write some posts, actually on my phone on my way into London but I will try and get this uploaded as soon as I get Internet signal again!


A few weeks back now I posted about setting up a blogging book club with a few people and we decided that our first book would be Me before You by Jojo Moyes.




Me Before You follows the life of Lou Clark who is suddenly made jobless i and takes on becoming a carer for a man who has become paralysed after an accident. He can see no way of living with his new life, so Lou is against the clock to try and change his mind. But she ends up taking on more then she thought.


This is the sort of book that If I had more time, I would easily finish in a couple of days, it sucks you in and gets you involved in the events. You start to feel for the characters, putting yourself in Lou's shoes an considering what you would do.


It will make you both smile and cry, as Moyes creates a connection with the reader, constantly building on what you already know but never enough do you have to keep reading.


I loved this book, would happily recommend it to others ( already have!) I learnt a lot about living with someone who is disabled, with nothing seeming made up or untrue.


I would read this again! 10/10!!


My next book will be The Great Escape by Fiona Gibson.




So what did you think? If you read the book then I would love to hear your thoughts in a comment!




1 comment:

  1. I loved Me Before You so much. I haven't started a new book because I don't want to forget Will and Lou. I loved their relationship and so wanted it to work out. It's the kind of book you need to pass on! X

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx