Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Wednesday 13 June 2012

NOTD - Essie Turquoise & Caicos

Afternoon lovelies, hope your well and this week is isn't treating you too bad, I'm on the count down to summer holidays, they can't come quick enough now, especially after today! 


 Unless you've been living under a rock for the past month then you will know that Essie have released a diffusion line of their main collection with a selection of their most popular colours with a new brush and at a new price. 


I'm ashamed to admit that I have never bought an Essie polish until now because I didn't want to pay the full price, I'm the same with OPI and get them from a supplier on EBay. 


So I went in search of the Essie stand in town a couple of weeks ago, and I found them in Superdrug. Our Superdrug has recently had a mega refit, getting lots of brands that I've missed out on, and they have a really big Essie stand. Obviously I had to take advantage of the 3 for 2 they had on, but choosing was the hardest! 


One colour I knew I wanted was Turquoise and Caicos, a polish I have seen countless times on Blair Fowler in the videos, so I had to pick it up! 


Essie Turquoise & Caicos, Nail Polish

Turquoise and Caicos is named after the colour of the sea around the Turks & Caico islands that are part of a group of islands near the Bahamas. 


The colour is a real blue/green mix that is very fresh. As part of their diffusion line, Essie have given the new bottles a new, wider brush with a rounded tip. The brush is great for doing the whole nail in one or two strokes. I really liked the brush, its wider and stiffer then the OPI brush, but I really like it. 


Essie Turquoise & Caicos, Nail Polish
The formulae was opaque in two coats, leaving a really deep colour that lasted well with a base of OPI's Nail Envy. 


I am really impressed with this polish from Essie, I hope that the other colours live up to this, and I am in love with this polish - summer loving all the way!


Essie Turquoise & Caicos, Nail Polish


So what do you think, a colour that you want or have in your collection? What other colours do you have from Essie? Xx

5 comments:

  1. Oh I didn't spot this colour when I was looking, such a pretty colour! I currently have: Mint Candy Apple, Chinchilly & A Splash of Grenadine. I'm really pleased with the ones I have tried so far & will be picking up more! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colour for summer! Reminds me of the beach :)

    Alice

    http://secretsofawannabecharlotte.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so pretty! I'm also ashamed to say I've never tried an essie polish, despite all these awesome new brands coming out I've somehow managed to stick to models own & barry m!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a gorgeous colour :)
    I love Essie nail polish :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx