Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Monday 1 April 2013

NOTD - Models Own Strawberry Tart - Review

Models Own Strawberry Tart - Review
 Models Own Strawberry Tart - Review

Models Own Strawberry Tart - Review

Hands up who else let out a squeal when they saw that Models Own were releasing not one, but two collections ready for summer?! The moment they became available I pre-ordered and then they were mine :)

As it's Easter, I thought I would work my way through the Pastel collection. For those under a rock, Models Own are taking us back to the 90s, with scented polish in sweet scents and pastel colours.

Strawberry Tart is a gorgeous, creamy pink, perfectly pastel and spring ready. This applied a tad streaky on the first coat, but a second smooths it out to a squishy, gel-like finish. The pictures are a tad messy, but it is my left hand (I'm left handed), it did apply a lot better on my right hand but clean up was quick and easy. The pink was so soft and flattering that I actually looked a lot more tanned, which can only be a good thing!

The polish dried really quickly and shiny, and once dry you can smell the strawberry scent - its not sickly at all, very subtle, plus you could still notice it 2days later.

You can pick these up now from Boots and Models Own for the grand sum of £5

So what do you think? Are you loving the pastel for spring? What about the scented polish?

10 comments:

  1. Such a girly colour! Love it
    xx

    Naomii
    www.glitterbomb-makeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty colour! I really want to try these scented polishes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get the whole scented nail thing but the colour looks amazing perfect for spring/summer! (: x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty in pink, but the scented thing is unnecessary. How dorky are you going to look going 'round sniffing your nails?? I mean, really!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha exactly what I was thinking this made me lol!

      Delete
    2. I actually quite like it - its a gimmick I know but its cute, plus the novelty does wear off and you don't go around smelling your fingers - thats just odd!! xx

      Delete
  5. The colour is gorgeous however I am not a big fan of the whole scented nail varnish thing! xo

    megansbeautyblog22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try it just for the gimmick - its worth it! xx

      Delete
  6. I have a scented Rimmel one and as much as I didn't get it at first, you will occasionally get a waft of the smell and think OOOOH!! Haha I did, in fact someone else noticed it on me too and asked what perfume I was wearing - a pleasant surprise :)

    hollyamberrio.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought it and didn't like it. It was too gloopy and it made my hands look oddly dirty. I'm deffo team neon. Pink punch is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx