Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Monday 4 November 2013

Review - Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation

*Warning - this post contains images of Make Up Free Faces which some viewers may find offensive.

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation - £5.99
For all the oily skinned girls out there, foundation shopping is a real pain as you know it will only last a couple of hours. Anything that claims to provide 'a matte finish' is a plus, but most of the time their a let down! Plus, we can't always rock the dewy finish without looking like an oil slick! But this season, skin is meant to have a 'velvet finish' not dewy but somewhere in the middle.

To get this finish, the air whipped gel like foundation is back, and Rimmel have reformulated and repackaged their Stay Matte Foundation as part of this trend. I've used the old formula Stay Matte for some time, I quite like it, not too cakey, good coverage and lasts most of the day at work, but the new Stay Matte is even better.

A thicker consistency then the old, you need less product for the same sort of finish. I didn't have high hopes for it, but actually ended up being plesently surprised. You only need a small amount, rubbed into the skin with fingers and then finished blending with a brush, this has fast become one of my favourite foundations.

Review - Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
Before - No Make-up


Review - Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation & Swatch
After - Foundation only, no concealer 

Coverage wise, this leaves quite a natural finish on the skin - the before pictue shows that I have quite a lot of redness on my cheeks and around my nose, however the foundation helps to even it all out and make it look less red. Its a medium coverage foundation that dries quickly, so work fast! 

In terms of how long it lasted, it was still there 12 hours later after a hectic work day, with no primer. I did find that my forehead was a tad shiney by about 3pm, but thats really good going considering it had lasted 8hrs by then. It hasn't messed with my skin, however it does cling to any dry patches and can settle into fine lines so a hefty does of moisturiser before hand would be good.

Over all, this magic foundation is a winner for me, the colour range is ok, more suitable to those of us with lighter skin tones, however if Rimmel can get their act together and get a wider range then they would be awesome! For £5.99, I can't fault this. I think I'm True Ivory, but I would recommend you going and swatching. This will be on my list for my Xmas face as there is no SPF so non of the dreaded flash back, just check moisturiser and primer!

What do you think? Have you tried this or other foundations from Rimmel? xx

1 comment:

  1. I got a small tester of this and I was actually really impressed. Next time I need to get a budget friendly foundation, I will definitely look to this one :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx