Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Sunday 1 December 2013

Advent Door 1 - Christmas Tag

Photo - Me! 
Woohoo - The countdown is most definitely on now ‘til Christmas! I thought I would kick off my Advent Calendar with the Christmas tag. I saw this over on Georgina’sBlog and loved the idea of it so I had to get to get involved v- I am the biggest Christmas freak, I am getting worse every year!!!

1.  Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic?
I adore a real tree, there’s something amazing about going and buying the tree, getting it home on the top of the car and then unfolding it in living room. I remember getting the tree as a kid from a local farm, walking through the fields to pick ‘our tree’ and then getting it home!

2.  You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick?
I’m not a coffee drinker so its wasted on me, but I love a good hot chocolate, especially in the seasonal cups – I adore the snow many cups from Costa this year!

3.  What’s your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?
There is no colour scheme for our tree, it is literally everything we have gets thrown on there! We try and stick to gold & red tinsel, but our colour scheme is just traditional chaos!

4.  Giving or receiving?
I love the process of picking out the present for the person, wrapping them up and then watching them open it – I love giving the gift to them, knowing I’ve picked the best thing for them! Although it is fun to receive, Christmas is about giving to others after all!

5.  To mince pie or not to?
Bleurgh!!! I cannot stand mince pies! I love making them for everyone, making the pastry from scratch, filling the cases and watching them bubble in the oven, but I won’t be eating one any time soon.

6.  What's your traditional sunday lunch?
Oh My God, we go all out, to food coma inducing proportions. We start with either soup of prawn cocktail, then main in a turkey crown, roast parsnips, roast tatties, pigs in blankets, veg, Yorkshire pudding, Brussels and pancetta and heaps of gravy. If there’s any room left, then we will have Xmas pud, Lemon Crunch (family recipe) or ice cream – then all roll to the sofa and fall asleep!

7.  Christmas day fashion
Morning is spent in PJs whilst we do pressies and then get changed into something nice – mum normally buys us an item of ‘Xmas Day’ clothing like a jumper, but I have a few comfy things planned as we always go on an epic dog walk after lunch.

8.  What's your favourite Christmas song?
I love all the classic Rat Pack Xmas songs as well as the cheesy pop songs. I could listen to Mr Buble on repeat, however I’ve listened to them too much for school.

9.  What's your favourite Christmas film?
The Santa Clause 1, 2 & 3 – I will watch these one a weekend, building up to Xmas – I love a good Xmas film!

10.  Open presents before or after lunch?
In my house, we’re not allowed up before 8 (this is a struggle for me!) and then we all get up and do presents before breakfast. If we’re at the boy’s, then its stockings in the morning and once our niece & nephew arrive, we have lunch and then its on to the presents!


I tag everyone to do this post, please let me know if you do, or if you just want to answer my questions then go for it in the comments below. Thanks to Georgina for creating the tag, jump over there to have a look! 

xxx




1 comment:

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx