Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Monday 6 January 2014

NOTD - Essie Luxedo




Here we are, first nail polish post of the year. I'm aiming to have Monday's post to be a nail polish of some variety, I like the routine, plus it means I can keep something regular going.

Starting off this year, I've got the gorges Luxedo from Essie. I have a lot of love for Essie, however in my head their still more of a higher end brand due to their price, but I think they are well worth the £7.99 price tag, plus it doesn't hurt to pick up a couple when their on offer in Boots or Superdrug.

Luxedo was part of Essie's Winter 2012 collection, so I was surprised to see it in Boots just before Xmas, it's currently out of stock on their website, so I don't know if that means it won't be here for long but I would recommend you pick it up!

A blackened plum colour, Luxedo is a gorgeous colour for winter. On my nails it can look blackmail in some lights it's plum and others a very dark chocolates brown - a really bad description but it is gorgeous. It's really glossy in two coats, plus it lasts really well on the nail, no chipping for over a week!

As it's the diffusion line, the brush is awesome, I find it covers my nails with one stroke, plus leaves a streak free finish.

As a lover of dark polish, this will be on my nails for a while, if not my fingers then my toes!

What do you think? A good colour for this weather or are you starting to crave lighter colours?

 Xx


4 comments:

  1. I have a soft spot for inky, black shades especially if they shimmer of another color e.g. green or plum and this looks lovely - it reminds me of liquorice :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats a really nice description - I hadn't thought of liquorice! Its a gorgeous colour and last really well! xx

      Delete
  2. This is lovely, I love darker nail polish especially those with just a hint of a richer shade than black. Luxedo looks perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to - I'm not a pastel person, I prefer darks all year round! xx

      Delete

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx