Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Wednesday 24 December 2014

#BigBlogmasproject2014 Day 24 - Christmas Eve Traditions



Christmas Eve has always been a big deal in my house - growing up we had a lot of traditions that I still try and make happen, even though we're all grown up and moved out.

Traditionally, we spend the whole day baking, We make mince pies, sausage rolls and ginger bread biscuits. I love this as the whole house smells of yummy food, plus its great to spend time in the kitchen with the family. After that, we normally make bits that will go with either Christmas dinner or for the Boxing day feast.

Once all the cooking is done, we normally sit down to an easy dinner and getting the house ready. Although I'm now the wrong side of 25 I still get excited about getting things set up for Santa, we set out the stockings by the fireplace as well as the mince pie and whiskey for Santa and a bowl of water and a carrot for the reindeer. When everything is ready we settle down with trashy tv or a film and then its bed time - not that I can ever sleep!

Throughout the whole day, I get a tad obsessive checking the NORAD Santa Tracker - seeing him move around the world makes me so excited!!!

I adore the buildup to Christmas Day, its so exciting and I hope we can keep these family traditions going forever!

What are your Christmas Eve traditions? xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx